Every UK resident has the ability to save and invest up to £20,000 per annum in a tax free environment, otherwise known as the Individual Savings Account (ISA). Trading stocks and shares within an ISA wrapper can offer a great level of flexibility to investors. We are able to advise upon your existing ISA and the equity holding within it. Capital gains taken within an ISA are not subject to tax and any income taken from an ISA is not subject to income tax making it an attractive investment tool.
With a Stocks and Shares ISA, your ISA allowance is held in stocks and shares. Our aim is to select shares that can achieve your desired rate of return commensurate with your risk appetite and attitude. In a typical scenario, a Stocks & Shares ISA has the potential to deliver higher returns than a Cash ISA, which is designed to offset the effects of inflation. MB Capital can advise you on what shares to buy within your Stocks and Shares ISA helping you to manage your risk and potentially maximise your returns.
A great benefit of investing in ISA’s is that there is no upper limit on what your ISA investment can grow to. ISAs can be ideal for growth investments as well as for income investments, although investing in the stock market carries the natural risk that the value of your investments may go down as well as up.
It is worth remembering that Stocks and Shares ISAs are available to individuals only aged 18 or over and who are resident or ordinarily resident in the UK for tax purposes. All ISAs must be held individually, a couple may not have a joint ISA.
As a client of MB Capital you are able to trade within your ISA using shares. For more information please contact an adviser on 0207 417 1830.
New ISA Subscription Limits for 2019-20 Tax Year
ISA SUBSCRIPTION LIMITS FOR 2020-21 TAX YEAR
The annual ISA subscription limit for the 2020-21 tax year has been increased. From the 6th April 2016, an investor now has an annual allowance of £20,000 which can be subscribed to a Stocks & Shares ISA.
That means a married couple can invest £40,000 in the ISA tax free wrapper for the 2020-21 tax year.
Speak to an Investment Adviser for more information: 0207 417 1830.
- Governments can and do regularly change the rules on tax efficient vehicles like ISAs.
- An ISA is not a risk free product and the value of your ISA investment may be at risk due to the investments held within the wrapper.
- The market price from fixed income investments can fall below the face value during the life of the investment and the money you invest may be at risk if the issuer defaults.
- ISAs can grow but depending on market conditions you may not realise the initial sum invested. There is no guarantee that you will get more out of an ISA investment than you have paid in.
- If you leave the UK and are no longer a UK resident then you can keep the ISA investment but you can’t make any new contributions to the ISA.
- ISA investments are liable to Inheritance Tax on death. Income Tax deducted at source on foreign dividends may be recoverable, but the tax credits attaching to UK dividends are not. There are no further income taxes to be paid on investments held within an ISA
The advisory ISA service
- As a client you will have complete access to our independent investment research, which is frequently referred to in the national press.
- Research notes can be sent to you regularly upon request.
- MB Capital Stockbrokers can offer advice on market timing, the purchase of a single share or the construction of a portfolio of investments. Our investment advice will be given in the context of the particular circumstances of each individual.
- High yielding equities with good balance sheets are also proving popular and your MB Capital Investment Advisor will be able to guide you through the widest range of investment opportunities.
- For full details on our advisory stockbroking service click here